Sunday 10 August 2008

Dizzee Rascal sticking with new sound

Dizzee Rascal has confirmed that he will proceed to button pop music following the success of his in vogue single 'Dance Wiv Me'.

The R&B star spent 4 weeks at the top of the UK singles chart in July with the lead, which was a quislingism with music producer Calvin Harris.

Rascal has revealed that he plans to bond with his new sound, despite claims from some critics that he has "sold out" by shifty to a more commercially-friendly style.

"From now on, I think I'm always sledding to make a pop up record. It makes sentience," Dizzee told the Daily Record. "I'm in the business of selling records. There's no point in fronting to myself that I need to be this to a fault obscure artist.

"The resistance thought I'd sold out as presently as I got a record parcel out. But I'm not underground and I'm not trying to be underground ever again. I did that on my first album. I came right from the bottom and the only way is up. I will do what needs to be done."



More info